1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Remote Job On H1b

Discussion in 'AC 21 H-1B Issues' started by chinna55, May 18, 2015.

1. chinna55

chinna55 New Member

Hello Ron,

I am working for an employer for one of their clients at some location. My status in this country is as an H1B consultant. Recently I have been offered an opportunity by some one who I worked in the past. It is UK based company and they don't have any office setup in USA. There are few people working for that client in USA all remotely. I was also asked to work remotely. Do my employer need to file an amendment for this change ? If so what location do they have to mention as the work location ? Is there any issue if I accept this location which may affect my H1B status ? Your advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

2. Ron Gotcher

Ron Gotcher Attorney at Law

If you are going to be physically outside the U.S., you don't need H visa status.

3. chinna55

chinna55 New Member

I am sorry if my explanation was not right. I will be in US but work from my home for them.That is what I meant by remotely working.

4. Ron Gotcher

Ron Gotcher Attorney at Law

You will need an amendment, if you are going to continue working for the same employer, or a new petition if not.