1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reinterpretation Of The Quota Statute/recapture Of Visas

Discussion in 'Definitional changes/clarifications' started by Ron Gotcher, Mar 11, 2015.

1. s_gan

s_gan Super Moderator

we are not sure if both pre-registration is possible. The have to jump through hoops to get this done.

2. s_gan

s_gan Super Moderator

just love it.

3. mar212011

mar212011 Well Regarded Member

4. A.dashana

A.dashana New Member

5. s_gan

s_gan Super Moderator

6. Kamakazee

Kamakazee Super Moderator

Just like Leon Rodriguez said "Some policies will be implemented a lot sooner so that we can declare some early victories, some will take more time". There is no doubt that Pre-Registration falls in the latter. Presume H4 EAD was done as it was in the works since 2011. It only languished for so long as everyone thought that CIR would be done. The worst that this administration could do was let it languish even more thinking that Pre-Registration would also be done.

7. s_gan

s_gan Super Moderator

I hope senate's hearing on I2 act doesn't stall any of these actions.

8. Kamakazee

Hopefully that will only speed up the administration's process. However, words like USCIS, efficiency, proactive does not go hand in hand.

9. speedracer

speedracer Guru

I don't think the hearing is going too well.. legislative process might be longer than administrative fix ...

10. s_gan

s_gan Super Moderator

Listening today's hearing. I2 will not even pass the immigration subcommittee.

11. Ron Gotcher

Ron Gotcher Attorney at Law

This is all just political theater designed to allow senators to justify their preconceived ideas.

12. Kamakazee

That was well understood from the guests they invited to speak today.

13. Senram

Senram Member

I squared act is increasing H1b to 195k. That is enough that it will not pass. Nowadays H1b increase is a kind of Poison bill that is a deal breaker though lot of good things like backlog removal is there. One of the fraud going in H1b in consulting nowadays is the following. USCIS is asking client letter for new H1b application and stamping. Our guys(consulting companies) found a way that the are getting letter from partner consulting companies without a real position. Also it is open secret that the companies get money from consultants to process H1b. Though USCIS trying to minimise the fraud still many bodyshops find innovative ways to get around the system. It makes sense to restrict H1b in consulting to clean out the system. If that is done H1b cap could be increased without much opposition as companies like Microsoft and Google are in need of skilled persons but most h1bs is going to consulting companies

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/865624349/I-Squared-Act-is-a-job-exporting-machine.html?pg=all

14. s_gan

s_gan Super Moderator

Do you like increasing H1Bs without any safeguards ? The rampant abuse of H1B is the real reason for the huge backlog in EB2 category. Not more than 20K STEM Masters get H1Bs every year which translates to roughly 40K visas including dependents. In theory Eb2 should be current but the reason why it is not current is because of EB3 IT workers porting to EB2.

15. speedracer

speedracer Guru

no point in blaming EB2 or EB3 for backlog .. it is the mainly coz of the laws from 1990, they never changed with changing times. It is unfortunate that we have to wait for years to get PR or GC , while someone from other countries will get within a year. The huge backlog and unfairness is due to policies and not people.. that's just my 2 cents...

16. Senram

Senram Member

What I am saying is H1b raise is not needed if they put safeguard and H1b raise should be a separate bill as the most others are non controversial. If they add a h1b raise that is a deal breaker always

17. s_gan

s_gan Super Moderator

After today's hearing we can be assured nothing is going to happen.

18. speedracer

speedracer Guru

the thing is.. some members in congress will show their avid support and some will show strong opposition, both make each other look good and win elections, these hearing will continue till they retire...

19. anugc

anugc Guru

https://www.facebook.com/ImmigrationVoice/posts/887305541335671
    any idea on how this is going to play out or is it like another one of those futile exercises? I am getting so depressed that there is not going to be anything of importance on March 19th update...but just hoping against hope there is some flexibility on job portability at least...too much to ask?

20. Senram

Senram Member

I have a great faith on Grassley that he will not allow H1b raise unless his concerns are addressed. If he tried to put his amendments then Corporates will scuttle those with the help of Senators like Hatch. Finally status quo will be there. And another big opposition is for giving unlimited green cards to STEM Masters. Even senate pass house conservatives are opposing any immigration increase whether H1b or GC. So this fight will go on