1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Regarding When To Have Medical Exam I693 Done ?

Discussion in 'General discussion about executive action' started by Peterlasking, Sep 18, 2015.

1. Peterlasking

Peterlasking New Member

Hi Ron,
    I have a question regarding when can once obtain I693 Medical Exam done ?

Can you just book an appointment and have I693 done independent of status anytime ? or when you go for I693 they will ask for copy of I485 ?

I want to have Medicals done and be ready incase my date becomes current. I understand that Medicals are only good for a year.

But when i go for in-person I693 , what should i ask for ? just have medicals exams done and enclosed sealed envelope ?

2. Ron Gotcher

Ron Gotcher Attorney at Law

Wait until the Visa Bulletin shows your priority date as current. You will have plenty of time to get the results before you file your I-485.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2015
  3. DonDraper

DonDraper Guru

Does this mean if your date is current in October, you shouldnt get your medicals done in September and wait till october to get them done ?

4. Ron Gotcher

Ron Gotcher Attorney at Law

If you will be current in October, get your medical exams done now. Otherwise, wait until the VB shows you as current for the next month.

5. ColumbusDude

ColumbusDude Active Member

How can we predict when we will be current for Final Action? It is all assumption. I am assuming that I will be current in Dec VB. But I am going ahead and getting my medicals and EVL and MOS Documents ready by the end of September itself so that I don't have to run like crazy when I become current.

6. DonDraper

DonDraper Guru

You probably wont know when you will be current. The assumption is that the final action date will be the acceptance date in 10-12 months or last quarter of the year

7. ColumbusDude

ColumbusDude Active Member

Exactly. But hopefully within the next 1 yr and if not, I will need to get the Medicals done again.

8. DonDraper

DonDraper Guru

Probably.

9. Mayur

Mayur Well-Known Member

Hi Columbus Dude,

I went for my medicals yest , its a straightforward process , my doc said I will get the report for USCIS in a sealed envelope in 4 days . I agree with Ron , look out for our date if you are current you will have plenty of time for this (about ~ 20 days).

10. R_S

R_S Guru

See can you take medication for whats going to happen in future?

Listen to what Ron has said, i did mine it wont take you more than 5days max. Also its expensive and its valid for only one year so it better to do latter on since ur PD is not current. get other documents ready by that time