1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reaction Of The Legal Immigrant Community

Discussion in 'General discussion about executive action' started by cuckoo, Nov 23, 2014.

1. cuckoo

cuckoo Super Moderator

There appears to be very little reaction to whatever little is there for the legal immigrants in the Executive Action. Here is one:
    http://profit.ndtv.com/news/industr...y-weigh-in-on-obamas-immigration-order-702469
    I will quote some of it that should resonate:

"Confounding everyone is the vagueness of the president's proposals. While it's clear that he cannot solve the biggest problems without going to Congress, people in the tech industry said they still did not understand how exactly his proposals would play out. In many cases, the president has outlined broad ideas, which have been assigned to the immigration agencies and various task forces to figure out.
    "The two lines in the speech did not really give us much more clarity about what it will mean for us," Brugman said.
    Collectively, the president's visa proposals for highly skilled workers would add about 147,000 people to the work force by 2024, according to an analysis by the White House's Council of Economic Advisers.
    That's too little, too late for many in the technology industry.
    Carl Guardino, chief executive of the Silicon Valley Leadership Group, which represents most of the region's large tech companies, said the industry was disappointed Obama never followed through on his original campaign promise to pass comprehensive immigration legislation in his first year in office.
    "He talked eloquently and in depth about low-wage workers, and I appreciate that," Guardino said, referring to the president's speech on Thursday. "But from an innovation economy perspective? I wasn't expecting a lot, and it lived up to my expectations."""