1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question On Status, H4 Ead

Discussion in 'Nonimmigrant Visa Validity' started by vani m, Aug 25, 2015.

1. vani m

vani m New Member

Hi,
    Could you please review
    I was on h1 until October 2014, then applied extension and got an rfe later in dec, couldn't get the client letter early on, then finally my employer applied change of status to h4 in February , we got receipt dated in February, my h1 extension got denied in March ,
    We have been waiting for change of status to h4 from that time and case status still shows case received
    So I just want to confirm, if I'm still in valid status until the case is approved
    Meanwhile my employer applied for h4 EAD with the h4 receipt 2 weeks back, we haven't got any receipt for that yet, how long does it take to get the receipt
    Please clarify

2. Ron Gotcher

Ron Gotcher Attorney at Law

You need to speak with expert immigration counsel about this. You may be looking at incurring the three year bar for unlawful presence very shortly.

3. vani m

vani m New Member

Thanks for your response.
    I was also told that my H4 receipt was linked with my husbands H1 amendment in premium process, will that be ok and quickly processed.

Also, how long can we stay with a pending application with USCIS, is there timeline?
    How much time do i have so I can go to home country and go for visa stamping?

Unfortunately,my attorney is saying it is ok to wait,what do you think?
    Appreciate your help

4. vani m

vani m New Member

We also sent email to Melissa. Could you please review.

Thanks

5. Ron Gotcher

Ron Gotcher Attorney at Law

I can't discuss this with you. You are presented by counsel. Talk to your attorney.

6. vani m

vani m New Member

My attorney says it's ok but just want to take second opinion.