1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question For Ron

Discussion in 'H4 employment authorization' started by rah, Apr 5, 2015.

1. rah

rah New Member

Hey Ron

Had a couple of questions-
    1. Can I use my EAD ( 485 based ) while my h1 to h4 is pending since I lost my job
    2. Can I continue working on my ead ( since i found an employer ready to hire me on ead not h1) even when my h4 is approved. Say It is approved after may 26th 2015. And then also apply for h4 based EAD.
    3. Can I have 2 ead's ( one based on my 485 and other based on h4).
    4. Can I be added to my wife's 485 when I am on ead and her date becomes current ( she is eb-2 i am eb-3)
    Thanks
    anand

2. Ron Gotcher

Ron Gotcher Attorney at Law

You cannot have two EADs, but you may use one of them to work, irrespective of your NIV status. If you are otherwise eligible, you may file for adjustment of status when your wife's priority date becomes current.

3. Ash_L

Ash_L Super Moderators

Hi Ron
    My wife is currently on H1. Can she file for H4 and EAD concurrently? Can she continue working on H1 till she gets her H4 EAD?

4. Ron Gotcher

She may file both forms concurrently and continue to work as an H1 until her change of status to H4 is granted. She may not work as an H4 until her EAD is issued.

5. Ash_L

Ash_L Super Moderators

Thanks Ron
    How many months do you think it would take for EAD to be approved once its filed?

6. Ron Gotcher

Count on 90 to 110 days

7. Ash_L

Ash_L Super Moderators

Hi Ron
    One more question. With the proposed EAD for I140 rule can I file EAD using my I140 from my previous employer. I am asking this question because I have a very good offer from a company but I dont want to join them and then start my Perm and 140 again

8. Ron Gotcher

It depends on whether your original employer withdraws their I-140. Also, I suspect that you would have to have a good faith intent to work for that employer when you get your green card.

9. Ash_L

Ash_L Super Moderators

They wouldn't withdraw the 140 I am quite sure of that (it was approved in Feb 2012 with PD of July 31, 2009). Would I need a letter from them when I get my GC?

10. Ron Gotcher

I don't know. The regulations haven't even been proposed yet.