1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

pregnant and abroad

Discussion in 'Serving military and military families' started by viol, Apr 26, 2009.

1. viol

viol Junior Member

hi,

I married my husband, who is a US. citizen last july. We have been together for about 4 years so it felt right to get married, eventhough I was only on a waiver. Two days after our wedding, he got deployed to Europe. He serves in the Navy and has for three years. I went back to Sweden to finish school and I'm still here. I did visit him in february when he came back from deployment for about two weeks.
    Well he filed the I-130 for me in march but somehow it got lost in the mail, cause the USCIS didnt get it.
    So now he has filed it again recently, and he will also file the I-129 (K3) when he get the NOA1 papers. We also found out recently that im pregnant, and im due in october. The question is if he will be able to, due to the military, expedite our papers because of my pregnancy. Does USCIS take pregnancy in consideration? cause it would be a lot easier to give birth in the states, and it would also be an enormous relief if we would be together while I'm being pregnant and so we also could start our family together. How fast does the USCIS usually expedite visas for military?
    Thankful for answers

2. Ron Gotcher

Ron Gotcher Attorney at Law

Re: pregnant and abroad

Make the CIS aware of your condition and the fact that your husband is on active duty. They should expedite this for you.

3. mike

mike Junior Member

Re: pregnant and abroad

Viol,
    Family members submitting their citizenship applications from their overseas locations should include in their packets a completed CIS Request for Overseas Processing form. As is now the case with servicemembers, after submitting their application packets to the regional CIS Center, family members located in Atlantic areas may request their overseas interviews and oath ceremonies by sending an e-mail message to Rome.Natz@dhs.gov. Have your husband check with the local JAG officer to find out how to file for you.