1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Possibility To Transfer H1-b

Discussion in 'Nonimmigrant Visa Applications' started by sukhbir kaur, Nov 12, 2014.

1. sukhbir kaur

sukhbir kaur New Member

i hold an academic H1-B from a university and they don't want to proceed with my green card. so i had another consulting company apply for my H1-B in for the fiscal year 2012 which got approved in january 2012 for 1 year 6 months. i was not able to get a project and continued with my academic H1-B which will reach the end of 6 years in 2015.
    my H1-B from the consulting company expired back in july 2014 and i want to know if i have a project in hand now, can this H1-B can be transferred/ extended at the same time.
    please advise.

2. Ron Gotcher

Ron Gotcher Attorney at Law

As long as you continue to work for the school, you may also work concurrently for a cap-subject employer. If you leave the school, however, you will be subject to the cap and the quota is closed until next October 1st.

3. sukhbir kaur

sukhbir kaur New Member

thanks for the reply. as i said i have a h1b from another employer which expired in july 2014 and i never worked from them. can this be transferred, even though it expired.

4. Ron Gotcher

Ron Gotcher Attorney at Law

If you are still working for the school, any new employer may file a concurrent H petition for you.

5. Eric Rowan

Eric Rowan New Member

Yes , you can make it transfer.