1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Poll: Are The Rumors About Acceptance Dates Correct?

Discussion in 'General discussion about executive action' started by Ron Gotcher, Sep 4, 2015.

What do you think will happen as far as acceptance dates are concerned?

1. Yes will happen and (accept date)move at least 2 yrs from current date

51.4%
  2. Will happen but only 6 months from current date

37.5%
  3. Won't happen

8.3%
  4. Will happen (Point A) but will be stopped by lawsuit

2.8%
  1. Ron Gotcher

Ron Gotcher Attorney at Law

Following an article in a law news journal, there has been a lot of speculation as to whether the government is going to create "acceptance dates" that are earlier than Visa Bulletin cutoff dates. If they do, applicants will be able to file applications for adjustment of status when the acceptance date passes their priority date on the calendar.

ColumbusDude likes this.
  2. shackled

shackled Active Member

I voted for A cuz I am an irrational optimist :) and this is the only voting right I got after moving to the US 14 years ago :)

stanii, Mayur, Granular and 3 others like this.
  3. Ron Gotcher

I'm always happy to put up polls if people request them.

4. mgfag2000

mgfag2000 Member

Sorry for posting in wrong location....this thing has big D written all over it

Screamin out loud.......D

Another Numbnuts vs United States on the cards...

5. ColumbusDude

ColumbusDude Active Member

Ron,

I think the questions in your Poll may not capture the reality. Here is what I think:

Assumption - USCIS wants to manage the 'Acceptance Date' applicants instead of opening the flood gates. This would only apply to backlogged countries as there is no need of this gimmick for ROW or countries that are current in say FY2016. Based on this I would say 2 yrs or 6 months may not be what they would use to set the 'Acceptance Date'.

They would first select the I-140's that have been approved with a PD that was never current and who have already waited 1 yr after approval of I-140. Estimate the average multiples of dependents and arrive at an estimate of say 2K - 6K AOS Beneficiaries (given that they have to process 12K of regular AOS applications who have already applied) and set the 'Acceptance Date' to allow 2K - 6K AOS Beneficiaries to file their applications. This date would be definitely greater than the Current PD by several years for each country. Then they would move the 'Acceptance Date' by another 2K - 6K AOS Beneficiaries in the next VB and so on till they come to a stage where there are no more Applicants who have an approved I-140 + 1 year wait time.

6. Ron Gotcher

Not going to happen.

BTW, if you want to see how people voted, click on the number of votes and a popup window will give you the names of the voters for each selection.

7. Anantapur

Anantapur Member

I like this logic.

8. vijay.chaudhary2004

vijay.chaudhary2004 Member

how does this 1 year after I140 approval comes into the picture? if anything happens then it will be well within the current process, i.e. if acceptance date is after your pd, then file your I485 or else wait...

9. ColumbusDude

Sure. This is all speculation anyways. :p

10. vijay.chaudhary2004

vijay.chaudhary2004 Member

agreed, it's all speculation but I honestly hope to have something come out of this rumor :confused:

11. Swordfish380

Swordfish380 New Member

My guess is acceptance date will be the maximum anticipated movement for the fiscal year. It may stay put from October till September.

sigler likes this.
  12. ColumbusDude

That would mean a 1 time surge, which I think, they want to avoid.

13. mgfag2000

mgfag2000 Member

They will move upto a date of say 2012 or 2013. I think a lot of people will be able to file but not all. A lawsuit is happening for sure so this movement might just be there for a month tops. Make sure you file your application in time. In this case I probably wouldn't wait till end of October. Gather everything by end of September and then file the 1st week of October itself

agulv likes this.
  14. agulv

agulv Guru

I wonder lawsuit for what? They are trying to fix a problem created by them. If a law suit happens we need to stand behind USCIS as this solution is for us. I would not make the discussion until things happen.

15. agulv

agulv Guru

The DHS site clearly stated they are expecting lot of new filings and they need to adjust staffing accordingly. They know this is coming as a big wave as the backlogg has gone beyond their control.

I don't see it as opening the floodgates
    but a temporary fix to a big problem.

Our efforts should continue for recovery of visas and fight for EB1C abuse.

DamperGreen likes this.
  16. green Apple TX

green Apple TX New Member

Ron,

Is this implemented through a memo or rule making process?
    When Govt. is implementing through a memo or rule making process, what are the chances of 1. lawsuite & 2. standing of such law suites?

Last edited: Sep 5, 2015
  17. ColumbusDude

Ron has already commented on those items a bunch of times in the earlier thread.

18. ColumbusDude

Ok. Looks like IV has finally woken up and started claiming Victory.:rolleyes:

stanii likes this.
  19. yamanoor

yamanoor Guru

Okay, I must be asleep at the wheel. The DHS officially posted something? Could you pass on a link, even if it has been done before?

20. Satish.txt

Satish.txt Member

I think this is going to happen because, coming changes are part of DOS not DHS.

EO are under attack from all side from conservative media and people... Obama pass whatever rule it will be under attack.. DOS has power to modify VB and generate demand..