1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please Advice Timing The Job Change, With Pd Getting Current

Discussion in 'AC 21 I-140 Portability' started by krisn, May 17, 2015.

1. krisn

krisn New Member

Hello ,

My PD is 2xMarch2004 EB3I. Is it advisable to change the job now or stick with the current existing employer/employment till it shuts down in Aug2015 and then change employer/job later.

We have merger and acquisition situation at my client-company. So the IT dept will be relocated to bay-area from south. We learnt that the deal closing will be in last week of May. They would retain us for next 60/90 days after deal closing which is till July/Aug. I have changed my job/employer in 2009. And I have been working for this client-company through once a subsidiary company of the client-company on EAD from 2009.

My questions are

1. What will I have to do if I get a RFE between jobs in Sept?

2. From 485 approval perspective, is it better to just look for a new job now and join a new job in same city before EVL RFE hits me or wait till end of august to change the job ?

Thank you so much

2. Ron Gotcher

Ron Gotcher Attorney at Law

If you haven't filed for AOS, you might want to stick things out and, if necessary, make the successor in interest argument.

3. krisn

krisn New Member

Thank you for your response. am so sorry I could not articulate my question correctly first time.

But I have filed for AOS in July 2007. In 2009 I have joined a company using EAD which would wind down its operations in the city from which I do not want to move out. With my priority date approaching to become current soon, to be issued a RFE for employment verification letter(EVL) and medical tests, my questions are

1. What will I have to do if I get a RFE between jobs in Sept?

2. From 485 approval perspective, is it better to just look for a new job now and join a new job in same city before EVL RFE hits me or wait till end of august to change the job hoping that RFE for EVL will come before August ?

Thank you so much

Last edited: May 18, 2015
  4. Ron Gotcher

Ron Gotcher Attorney at Law

Since your I-140 has been approved and your AOS has been on file for more than six months, you are free to change jobs/employers at any time. Deal with the RFE if and when it comes.

5. krisn

krisn New Member

Thank you so much for your response.