1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Personal experiences

Discussion in 'Naturalization to become a US citizen' started by Ron Gotcher, Feb 15, 2006.

1. tingting

tingting Junior Member

Re: Experience in Omaha

I have been scheduled for oath. thanks Ron for your help.
    Here is a tip for everyone who obtained GC through marriage and later divorced:
    bring your bill of complaint (the divorce filing from court) of your divorce with you. In my case, I drove an extra 100 miles on my interview day to go and get this document from county court.

2. victory

victory Member

Re: Personal experiences

First of all, thank you Ron and others for replying to my questions and concerns. I would be glad to share my personal experience for Naturalization through marriage interview.

Houston, TX
    N-400 filed on 09/26/11
    Fingerprints done 10/25/11
    Interview notification received on 12/10/11
    Interview done on 1/18/12

Now I am just waiting on Oath ceremony letter that i would get by mail. It was very pleasant time I got called right on time and the entire interview lasted about 12 min. It was very simple, test finished and then application review.

Thank you all again.

3. henrick

henrick New Member

You might find the following website helpful, it's a NY law firm that has a service obtaining Certificate of

Disposition's for clients. See: www.certificateofdisposition.com

4. JeffDG

JeffDG Senior Member

Early April 2016: Submitted N-400...unfortunately, after laboriously checking every detail on it, the cheque was dated for April 2015...Doh!
    April 28 - Application with properly dated cheque received by USCIS
    September 15: Interview scheduled with Memphis Field Office
    October 24: Conducted interview with MEM field office. Officer commented "One of the most thorough applications I've seen, this'll be quick..." Recommended for approval, told to expect a letter in 60-90 days with Oath Ceremony scheduling.

s_gan likes this.
  5. JeffDG

JeffDG Senior Member

Got text Monday saying I've been scheduled for an Oath Ceremony, so I guess that means the recommendation for approval was accepted...should see the letter either later this week or next week with the date. Hope I don't have to do the five hour drive to the USCIS office for my Oath!

s_gan likes this.
  6. JeffDG

JeffDG Senior Member

Letter arrived yesterday, and Oath is scheduled for this coming Friday morning!

Less than a week left of being an Alien.

donisback likes this.