1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Perm Withdrawal After 140 Approval

Discussion in 'Filing for AOS with an approved I-140' started by R_S, Jul 26, 2015.

1. R_S

R_S Guru

Hello Ron

I am in a very unique situation, I have a approved 140 but my PERM status shows withdrawn on https://www.permchecker.com/ with my priority date on it. My Employer is an american firm and files very few Green card application. In 2012 after my 140 approval i joined some other firm full time but this year I joined my previous employer back again and he has not withdrawn my 140. Based on my 140 they where able to get the H1B extension beyond 6 years.

Question to you (my 140 is not withdrawn as after moving back to my GC filling employer based on 140 i got H1B approval beyond 6 yrs)

1) Can a PERM be withdrawn after 140 approval ?
    2) Will i have problems while filling for AOS, 485 or EAD IF PERM is withdrawn?
    3) Do my employer needs to file PERM back from scratch if it is withdrawn ?
    4) Does PERM withdrawn carry any wait after 140 is approved?

2. Ron Gotcher

Ron Gotcher Attorney at Law

It can be withdrawn, but the USCIS must first revoke the I-140. What does USCIS case status show for your I-140?

3. R_S

R_S Guru

Thanks Ron for you reply..... I cross check with my EMP my PERM is in tack they have not withdrawn it, they send me a copy of PERM to verify. Confusion started as on the same day two PERM's where filled one was withdrawn as the other guy left the firm and mine was not withdrawn. My 140 is also is in tack I check it online.

Sorry to bother you... thanks again for your time

4. Ron Gotcher

Ron Gotcher Attorney at Law

It is obviously an error on the part of the DoL. Don't worry about it.