1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Perm Filing Category

Discussion in 'I-140 job portability' started by Amit M, Apr 28, 2016.

1. Amit M

Amit M New Member

Hi,
    my employer's job requirement is BS+5 or MS+3 yrs. I have 2.5 yrs of work ex before I joined my current employer which was 3 years ago. My employer says we can show 3 years using part time experience from my research assistantship. In worst case, if I am not able to show 3 years, my employer says we will apply in EB3.
    So if I apply EB3 now, the best option to convert to EB2 is by switching jobs or changing 50% job duties within current employer by getting a promotion?

Also, USCIS says Advanced degree of BS+5. Nowhere it says, MS+3. So can my employer advertise MS+2 instead and qualify myself for EB2 category?

2. Ron Gotcher

Ron Gotcher Attorney at Law

The Department of Labor equates a BS plus five to an MS plus three. I've seen numerous cases approved where employers have required a bachelor's and five or in the alternative a master's and zero, one, or two years' experience.

3. Amit M

Amit M New Member

Thank you Ron for replying. Also, we are advertising for some job duties and we are asking for 3 years experience in five bullet points. My attorney says, I should be able to prove 3 years in experience in each bullet point. Is that true? I always thought the experience is progressive or cumulative and can be added from different jobs to show total experience as long as you worked in the same field as no one does exactly similar things in each job.