1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OPT with wrong CIP code??

Discussion in 'College and University Staff' started by raomayank, Jun 11, 2012.

1. raomayank

raomayank Junior Member

Currently, I am in the post-completion OPT period, and I am interested in applying for the 17-month extension of my OPT.
    As per my I-20, the CIP code for my master's program is 31.0501 Health and physical education/Fitness, General.
    However, according to the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement website, the CIP code of my master's program is not eligible for STEM 17 months extension program.

I graduated with an emphasis in Exercise Physiology, which is eligible for the STEM 17-month extension program. The CIP code for exercise physiology is 26.0908, which is applicable for 1 months extension.
    My university kinesiology program includes exercise physiology along with branches.

Please guide me what should I do??

2. Ron Gotcher

Ron Gotcher Attorney at Law

Re: OPT with wrong CIP code??

You have to resolve this through your school's DSO.

3. raomayank

raomayank Junior Member

Thanks Ron

4. captainsuman

captainsuman Junior Member

Hello Raomayank,
    I am in the same situation as you were, can you please give me some details about how you proceeded with this situation.