1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OPT Extension RFE

Discussion in 'College and University Staff' started by prgoud, Aug 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. prgoud

prgoud Junior Member

Hi,

I have applied for my OPT extension 4 months back, this is the second time iam getting RFE. My first OPT has ended on June 06,2011. Right now my case is in pending.I got my first RFE on June 20,2011 and USCIS had asked me to submit the required documents by July 20,2011 which i did.Then again on July 27,2011 USCIS has sent me other RFE stating that the documents which i have sent earlier are not sufficien t to give a favorable decision and they need more documents on that and the last date to submit the documents are October 19,2011. Please provide me your valuable suggestion.

So, I just want to know what are the options do i have if my OPT extension gets denied.

1. How many days of grace period will i have to deport out of the country or transfer to a new school to stay in US legally.

2. When will the grace period start?

3. As i have a valid visa till July ,2013. Can i leave US during my grace period and enter US again as a new internati onal student with a new sevis generated I20. will that create a problem in the port of entry?

Please, kindly reply back to my query.

2. daffodil1003

daffodil1003 Junior Member

3. Ron Gotcher

Ron Gotcher Attorney at Law

Re: OPT Extension RFE

There are no "grace periods" for nonimmigrants. Students, however, are given 60 days from the time their studies (including OPT) end to leave the country.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.