1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Online Masters Degree - SEVIS listed

Discussion in 'How to start the green card process' started by katbhuve, Jan 3, 2012.

1. SuvPat

SuvPat New Member

Ron,
    I looked up "Abraham Lincoln University" is DETC accredited but not regional accredited. Is that an issue while filing for EB2 with the Masters degree from ALU.

Regards,
    Suvendu

2. Ron Gotcher

Ron Gotcher Attorney at Law

I do not have any experience with getting the USCIS to accept a DETC accreditation.

3. SuvPat

SuvPat New Member

4. Ron Gotcher

Ron Gotcher Attorney at Law

Yes, I understood that.

5. St Jude

St Jude Member

Ron,
    After our conversation in last April I started MBA in WGU and I will be completing in end of April 2016 and I have couple of question on my next steps.

1. I am currently working in Company A , with approved I-140 , EB3 priority date Jul 2009.
    2. I am planning to change my employer to company B soon to apply new PERM/I-140 in EB2 based on the MBA from WGU.
    3. Can I join company B before completing MBA or its best to join after I complete my MBA and then start the GC process.

Kindly advice on which option is the best. Thank you.

6. Eren Yildirim

Eren Yildirim Attorney at Law

Hi Jude,

It depends. Since it appears you are seeking EB-2 categorization, you will need to show the position for which you are being hired requires either:

1. Bachelor's degree + 5 years of experience, OR
    2. Master's degree (usually +1 year or more)

If you have the Bachelor's + 5 years, then you can join before completing your MBA.

If not, joining before completing your MBA will mean that an MBA was not required for the position you were hired for. If the position you were hired for is the position on the PERM, that means the requirements cannot include an MBA, as you were hired for the position without one. In this case, you wouldn't qualify for EB-2.