1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

October Vb Reversal

Discussion in 'General discussion about executive action' started by s_gan, Sep 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kd082108

kd082108 Guru

Greg or AILA may start negotiating (Settlement) with DHS before they actually file for a lawsuit?I am not a lawyer but i guess they just won't directly file a lawsuit without talks. We will only know about that starting tomorrow.

R_S likes this.
  2. Anantapur

Anantapur Member

Negotiation?? Do you mean a new VB with different dates again or reinstating the original?

3. Shane

Shane Junior Member

How do you know this?

Link? twitter?

4. kd082108

kd082108 Guru

Chill...I guess that should be the process. They just won't slap the lawsuit without the consultation with DHS to discuss about potential law suit points. You never know if DHS oblige then they may rescind to the old VB. Let's see. Cuckoo or Ron can correct me.

5. stanii

stanii Member

my predictions for Acceptance Date: EB3I will take atleast 3 to 4 years to reach 2011.

EB2I regardless of lawsuit should reach 2011 in couple of months.

And EB2I will become EB3I from 2011 given the I140 numbers of 260k & 60K for EB2 & EB3 for 2009-2014.

6. kd082108

kd082108 Guru

We were debating that there will be no ACCEPTANCE DATE anymore given what we have witnessed.

What is the point of acceptance date/early adjustments if you move the dates to July 2009? Who is getting help? USCIS to take break from the work?

The whole point o acceptance date is to build inventory and allow most of the people to gain AOS benefits i.e. EAD/AP/AC21. July 21 2009 will serve that purpose at all?

7. s_gan

s_gan Super Moderator

greg has tweeted that lawsuit is very likely. This was late last night.

8. kd082108

kd082108 Guru

Is it possible that he or AILA already had some backdoor conversations with ADMIN, DHS, DOS??

9. DBCG

DBCG Active Member

I wouldn't not say most lawyers. And here mostly the clients are employers. We are just damn beneficiaries.

For argument sake, do you think the doctors are doing anything to fix the high Healthcare costs and the system in general? Mind you that Healthcare system affects much larger volume of doctors' customer. Also using the doctor example is physical illness vs. Immigration is just you know. Next time ask your doctor what they are doing about it?

10. alpha0

alpha0 Guru

I am in no way expert but i think they knowingly waited for 16 days for rollback. They are very well aware of the push back from stakeholders because majority would have spent time/money/efforts to prepare paperwork. I think they want us to use all energy/momentum built so far on this artificial crisis so that no capital is left for community to push for further reforms!!

And if this issue gets nation wide publicity, it is added advantage for the anti immigrant wing of GOP to fuel the rhetorics that obama admin is giving PR filing benefits to thousands of immigrants well in advance which will pressurize DoS not to move application dates in future to provide relief to backlogged community which obama wanted in EO.

11. mar212011

mar212011 Well Regarded Member

If there were was willing to do that it would have been october -

s_gan likes this.
  12. mar212011

:) finding positive side in a mess -

13. mar212011

Without congress push either verbally or otherwise AILA doesnt have that much say now. either it goes to court and they battle it out or everyone jus accepts nothing can be done or wait for future "predictions" from Mr Charlie - wonder where he is

cuckoo likes this.
  14. s_gan

s_gan Super Moderator

The edict from the top is to use Filing Dates, but USCIS does not want it Therefore the intellectually dishonest approach to satisfy both is to use Filing Dates but keep them close to the PD. Now, they can claim to have modernized visa system without actually modernizing it.

R_S, mar212011 and kd082108 like this.
  15. R_S

R_S Guru

Absolutely true ... he is a very smart guy will start with that so if it can be resolved peacefully thats why he tweet to USCIS that he got +1000 people ready to go.....

We need to stand up man enough is enough ...... people working for USCIS are anti Immig that can also be DRAGGED into court (INTENT) ..... by there protest they proved the proof...we dont have to do anything ....if this goes in court mind it lots of people will be looking for new work

Last edited: Sep 27, 2015
  16. R_S

R_S Guru

This is nothing but giving money to the Priest before anything can begin :) nothing against them but its a business man.... i dont have problem with that at least they are not anti immigrant....

Trouble with this country is common people dont know what the difference between jumping fence and cumming by Proper Visa stamp they look at both of them the same way

17. cuckoo

cuckoo Super Moderator

I moved action items to a new thread so everyone can see it quickly

18. alpha0

alpha0 Guru

Let's agree that USCIS do not want to work. Question is why did they not throw tantrum during early 2012 when dates were moved forward like crazy for few months and then moved back for many years?

19. cuckoo

cuckoo Super Moderator

People should directly ask Greg on twitter.The way things have transpired, I doubt there is room for negotiation, especially before at least a complaint (initiating the law suit) is filed. The powers that be would not have published a second visa bulletin without revolt from rank and file within USCIS. It will not be easy to reverse course for the bosses in USCIS/DOS just at the threat of litigation.

20. R_S

R_S Guru

Its depends who was working now and was working then and by what %... that too how much anti

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.