1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Oct 2016 Filing Chart Uscis

Discussion in 'Family based immigration' started by dealguru108, Sep 21, 2016.

1. dealguru108

dealguru108 New Member

Hi, On Sept 21, 2016 USCIS provided the AOS charts for October 2016. These charts are favorable as they allow us to use Chart B instead of Chart A. I have a simple question, can I mail my AOS package to USCIS right away or do I need to wait till October 1 to send this package. I have an approved I-130 for my wife and I filed for her since I have a GC. Our PD is October 13, 2015 and the Oct 2016 chart B has a PD of 22NOV15.

2. Kevin Kurian

Kevin Kurian Attorney at Law

Hypothetically, if an AOS applicant's PD is current under the October 2016 Visa Bulletin, the applicant should not submit his application any earlier than October 01, 2016. The reason for this is because, right now, the September 2016 Visa Bulletin is still in effect and will remain in effect until September 30, 2016. As of October 01, 2016, the USCIS will accept the "Dates for Filing" for both family-based and employment-based adjustment of status cases. However, it is likely that the USCIS will only accept these "Dates for Filing" application just for the month of October 2016, and not any time afterwards.

donisback likes this.
  3. dealguru108

dealguru108 New Member

thank you so much for your response. I will wait until Oct 1 to send in my paperwork.