1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No Receipt For I-765 And I-131 Renewal

Discussion in 'Adjustment of status' started by kpk76, Jan 11, 2017.

1. kpk76

kpk76 New Member

Hi Ron,

Need your help on this. I have applied for the I-765 and I-131 combo card renewal and i have attached G-1145 form for SMS/Email. My current card expires on 04/23/17. So, i have mailed the application on 12/24/16 and it was delivered on 12/27/16, as per the FedEx signature J.RAYES have received,. However, i have neither received the SMS/Email nor the actual receipt in mail.

I spoke the USCIS officer and the officer was not able to locate the application in the system and suggested me to email the lock box support to locate my package. As per the officers suggestion i have sent an email to lock box support, and i have received and auto replay email form them that the wait time for lock box support responce is about 15 days.

As my clocking is ticking up.. would you advice me to send another application or wait for 15 day for the lock box support team to locate my package ?

what are the consiquences of double application ? if the 2 application gets accepted, can i withdraw later application ?

Pranab

2. Ron Gotcher

Ron Gotcher Attorney at Law

Try to avoid a duplicate application if you can. You get an automatic 240 day extension of your EAD, thanks to the new regulations, so you have some time to work it out.