1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No New Details Yet

Discussion in 'General discussion about executive action' started by djayash, Nov 21, 2014.

1. djayash

djayash Guru

Ron, not sure if I missed to read between the lines, bout the speech was pretty much same from yesterday.

Are we expecting details from WH today?

2. Ron Gotcher

Ron Gotcher Attorney at Law

So was I.

3. mar212011

mar212011 Well Regarded Member

is there a WH briefing later today?

4. cuckoo

cuckoo Super Moderator

QUOTE="Ron Gotcher, post: 78760, member: 2"]It appears that "pre-registration" will allow anyone with an approved I-140 will be able to apply for an EAD and AP. Implementation will happen following promulgation of a regulation allowing this.[/QUOTE]

That sounds good. Now, indulging in some wishful thinking for selfish reasons, would such application allow the beneficiary of the I-140 is working for a different company (and was working for the sponsor when the petition was filed and approved). I understand that the details may not be available either way at this time.

5. groot

groot Member

6. Ron Gotcher

That sounds good. Now, indulging in some wishful thinking for selfish reasons, would such application allow the beneficiary of the I-140 is working for a different company (and was working for the sponsor when the petition was filed and approved). I understand that the details may not be available either way at this time.[/QUOTE]
    That may be in play. Let's see what happens.

7. Ron Gotcher

groot likes this.
  8. s_gan

s_gan Super Moderator

Why do they need another 120 days. Why couldn't they announce it along with the EO ?

bhuvr likes this.
  9. binu2007

binu2007 Senior Member

Carrot is already there.. now 120 days is the stick.. we are lucky if USCIS implements it within that period.. So this is just a show off for Legal immigrants. and IV is already claiming everything is the plan of Amman kapoor (rolling and laughing) and now he decides and USCIS take actions.. but please give us money..

groot likes this.
  10. rohitnar

rohitnar New Member

Ron:

Any timeline on 'Filing for AOS with an approved I-140' ? When can we start sending in the request for EAD?

Thanks

11. Ron Gotcher

No new information yet. My best guess is March or April, at the latest. Hopefully it will be earlier than that, but this is the USCIS we are dealing with.

12. vgmsrj

vgmsrj New Member

Ron

If Priority Date is 2013, and if USCIS starts from March/April 2015 as you said , How soon we can expect to get the EAD ...

13. djayash

djayash Guru

14. sukhbir kaur

sukhbir kaur New Member

Ron I don't see on the memorandum, either on the DHS OR USCIS website mentioning anything about letting people with approved I-140's to apply for AOS & get an EAD? Is this just an assumption by the AILA?
    Please advise.

15. Ron Gotcher

Probably four months later.

16. rohitnar

rohitnar New Member

ok thanks. Correct me if I am wrong I don't think the EAD processing time - say 4 months is related to PD. Would it be a FIFO? right?

17. vgmsrj

vgmsrj New Member

That is 8 - 9 months from now ... then that case my wife can quit company A and company B in Jan and I can apply new PERM now with company B and get I140 so in 9 months I can get EAD right ?

18. Ron Gotcher

The press backgrounder yesterday was pretty detailed. The summary of that issue stated:

Timing of Filing for Adjustment of Status. The ability of individuals with an approved
    employment-based immigrant petition who are caught in the quota backlogs to file for
    adjustment of status will be advanced to permit them to obtain the benefits of a pending
    adjustment. This is expected to impact about 410,000 people. This will be done by regulation.​

This is consistent with numbers that were floated in other reports.

19. Ron Gotcher

Yes.

20. djayash

djayash Guru

But in today's memorandum from the white house. Posssibility of it being dropped or we are waiting for addtional memorandums?