1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No Job Offer, travel to usa using "Advance Parole"

Discussion in 'Employment verification issues' started by maintainh1b, Jul 28, 2011.

1. maintainh1b

maintainh1b Junior Member

Hi,
    I lost my h1b employment, when i was in India.
    I have a valid Advance Parole document and valid EAD card, original I-485 receipt, I-140 copy.
    Can I travel to USA with my Valid Advance Parole?.
    I don't have a Job Offer.
    Will the officer at the POE, ask me, where do i work now?.
    will i get inside USA safely?.

2. maintainh1b

maintainh1b Junior Member

Re: No Job Offer, travel to usa using "Advance Parole"

Ron, Please help.

3. ramsf2010

ramsf2010 Junior Member

Hi
    Please note that I-485 - Adjustment of status is for an individual's future employment and not the current. That said, if you have a valid EAD and the advance parole has not expired, you are good to go and enter the POE without any issues. However, it depends on how long you were out of country in order for the immigration officer (in the secondary) to pose a question in the first place about your job. If you did go on a vacation for a couple months, it is fair to say you were on vacation or whatever the case may be.

As long as they have a proper address on file and there are no issues with your AP - especially (for POE), I dont see any issues.

BTW, I am not an attorney should you need more details, I would rather you consult the law firm that your case is affiliated/processed through. Also, it would be good to get Attorney Ron Gotcher's insights too. I am only providing a guideline since I have been sort of in that situation that you are talking about. Hope that helps.

Cheers
    Ram

4. Ron Gotcher

Ron Gotcher Attorney at Law

The law does not require that you return to an existing job when you enter using advance parole - only that you have a good faith job offer that is effective no later than the date your adjustment of status is approved. If you don't have a job offer in hand, you need to be able to articulate the terms of the offer you are relying upon.