1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No Aos/eos Limited Stay At Poe

Discussion in 'Filing for AOS with an approved I-140' started by tomilola orungbe, Dec 12, 2015.

1. tomilola orungbe

tomilola orungbe New Member

Hello,I desperately need advice from immigration expert on my case.i came into us two days back with my 17months old Us citizen son.i was taken in for questioning regarding evidence of payment of hospital bills while I was in state last year..i have nothing to show them because the bill was settled with the state insurance I got when I was around..i however didn't own up to not paying the bills myself because I later got to know it was a wrong move to use health insurance while on B1/B2 visa..the officer also claimed I never informed the consular at the embassy I was pregnant and got in for the sole purpose of dellvery.the questioning wasn't favourable to me and I guess lots of information must have been entered into the system against me..i was later stamped to stay a month with no AOS/EOS, a limited stay...My fear now Is that I may not be issued a renewal outside the US. The question is can I go ahead with filling for AOS through a college am looking in to apply into? The truth is that I really want to live with my son here in state and not illegal stay. what can I do to get out of this?

2. sean231

sean231 Member

What do you mean by " it was a wrong move to use health insurance while on B1/B2 visa". Aren't the visitors who come to US on B1/B2 visa supposed to have health insurance or even if they do -- are they not supposed to use it?

3. Ron Gotcher

Ron Gotcher Attorney at Law

What do you mean by "AOS"? Are you talking about applying for lawful permanent resident status?