1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Republican Proposal

Discussion in 'General discussion about executive action' started by Ron Gotcher, Dec 4, 2014.

1. Senram

Senram Member

It seems same Obama was reason for rise of democratic party in 2008 congress and he was the reason for even for fall of democratic party in 2010,2012,2014 house and Senate in 2014. 2012 President election win was by announcement of DACA and also blue collar people were not impressed by multimillionaire Romney.

2. Senram

Senram Member

Recent Polls are showing Hillary is leading with a wide margin against many candidates in GOP though difference is reducing gradually for the past 1 year. But it will be unpredictable with Woman candidates. When Sara Paulin was announced as VP candidate Mccain started leading for 2 weeks but that was gone immediately after Dow Jones crash. Of course Hillary was leading for past 2 years. But things will become clear only GOP candidates will be announced

3. Ron Gotcher

Ron Gotcher Attorney at Law

But Romney won white blue collar workers overwhelmingly. He lost women, non-whites, and college educated whites.

4. dreamwalker

dreamwalker Member

Romney was decent candidate when he was Governor and Obamacare was mostly RomneyCare. But to satisfy the extreme right wing he changed his stance many times and in that process he said stupid things (self deportation and 47% ). I think every other republican candidate will have same issues. Unless they lean towards extreme right they wont win Primaries and by that time enough damage will be done.

5. Ron Gotcher

That is exactly my point. The Republican party has a lot of very attractive candidates, but none of them can get past the primaries unless they are willing to prostitute themselves the way Romney did in 2012. The Republicans are going to nominate either an extreme right wing candidate (Ted Cruz) or a moderate who has had to compromise his integrity to get the nomination (like Romney). Neither will be acceptable to the electorate. I remain convinced that a great many of the Romney voters were people who didn't want to see a black man get elected. They didn't like Romney, they just wanted to keep the White House white.

yamanoor likes this.
  6. s_gan

s_gan Super Moderator

It is a very disturbing fact that a moderate republican can never get elected.

7. dreamwalker

dreamwalker Member

why disturbing? Do you want govt what to do with women but little govt in other things? Do you want to shoot for minor mistakes bcz your are non-white? Do you want const war with hidden agenda? Do you think poverty is just bcz they are lazy? I can go on and on.. I lost respect for these guys when they said I will do whatever it takes not to let President Obama to reelect just bcz he is black. Until that point I was in the view everyone has the right to have own opinions but after that incident started suspecting every opinion of them is to suppress some section of voters/gain some section of voters. Dems might have resorted to similar vote tactics but what I have seen so far is they are embracing everyone irrespective of color/gender/whatever...

8. ColumbusDude

ColumbusDude Active Member

Agree with you totally. Would these white supremacists be voting for Hillary in 2016 is the big question. Given that the minorities would pretty much be voting in the same percentage (Obama is gonna bat for them while the RT's (Republican Taliban) concentrate on Border Fence and Deportation (funding for which will most probably be attempted by cutting down funding for social services) rhetoric, thus solidifying the voting bloc for good.

9. Ron Gotcher

The irony is that I think a genuinely moderate Republican could win the presidency, but never get nominated. The Democrats have been far more successful in keeping their crazy left quiet than the Republicans with their crazy right. Both parties have their share of dangerous lunatics, the Democrats are just better at hiding theirs.