1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New H1b- Status_pending-- What Are The Chances

Discussion in 'Nonimmigrant Visa Applications' started by sammy86, Sep 14, 2016.

Tags:
  1. sammy86

sammy86 New Member

Hi

My H1B is picked in this year lottery and the current status is still Pending.. "On April 11, 2016, we received your Form I-129, Petition for a Nonimmigrant Worker, Receipt Number"

1) Whens Should I expect the decision- Oct1 is the deadline or it can also stretch till Nov or Dec? Spoke to employer too he said he just received for one and that's too 1 month prior

2) I am hoping to get an opportunity, Can I change the client/project in this case(same employer) and send a Premium processing request with this client letter ( Important- My H1 was filled with some other project that belongs to my employer company only). In this case how would I justify USCIS that I filled my H1B on the basis of some other project and now I am switching to some other project/client.. IS it safe ??

Thanks

2. Eren Yildirim

Eren Yildirim Attorney at Law

Oct. 1 is not a deadline. Your petition may be adjudicated after that date.

In this situation, it's generally best to upgrade the pending petition to premium processing before filing any amendments on an unapproved initial petition.

3. sammy86

sammy86 New Member

But If I do premium processing and I don't provide client letter, chances are high to get RFE?

4. Greeeeencard

Greeeeencard Guru

Why won't you want to provide the client letter? What would you do if they issue RFE for the same?

5. Eren Yildirim

Eren Yildirim Attorney at Law

You wouldn't include any additional evidence with a premium processing upgrade request. If you initially did not provide enough supporting evidence, you may receive an RFE.

6. sammy86

sammy86 New Member

Thanks Eren, Is there a max time USCIS is liable to make there decisions for new H1B-2017 petitions?