1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New forum discussion area

Discussion in 'Visa quota and cutoff date issues' started by Ron Gotcher, Jun 3, 2010.

1. Alaska

Alaska Junior Member

Re: New forum discussion area

Hi Ron,

My situation is criticle currently, i just heard from my colegue our company is going to be merge soon, my priority date is not current, 14 days behind (09/15/2004 ),
    i have approved I-140 almost year ago, if it is merge can i port my approved I-140 to the merging company or any other company, if yes when can i do this after merging or before ? . Please help me out

2. Ron Gotcher

Ron Gotcher Attorney at Law

Re: New forum discussion area

The new company will have to file a "successor in interest" I-140 on your behalf. This can be filed concurrently with your I-485 or it can be filed now and you can file your I-485 while it is pending or after it is approved.

3. rednus

rednus Junior Member

Hello Ron,

My previous employer filed for my I-140 using a substituted labor in July 2007. The 140 was approved, but the priority date was not ported from the substituted labor. My new employer filed I-140 now. Can I know if a request can be made to adjust the previous 140 with the priority date on the substituted labor and use it on my new 140.

Thanks a lot for your time.