1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New forum discussion area

Discussion in 'Visa quota and cutoff date issues' started by Ron Gotcher, Jun 3, 2010.

1. Ron Gotcher

Ron Gotcher Attorney at Law

I have decided to create a separate forum area for discussions involving visa quota issues and Visa Bulletin cutoff date movement. I plan to move relevant threads from other forum areas into this one. If you run across a thread that you think should be moved, please post it so that I can move it.

2. sraji

sraji Junior Member

Re: New forum discussion area

Hi Ron,

I accidentally tumbled upon this forum and was pleasantly surprised to know that there is so much talk going on with respect to PD movements. I have a question too. Please respond at your convenience.

My husband filed for his I-485 in July 2007 (PD - Oct.24.2006 - EB2 India). I am awaiting for his PD to become current to get added as beneficiary. Right now, September 2010 cut-off date is 8-May 2006 for EB2. Do you an idea if the PD is going to move further forward in October or is it going to retrogress? Would it be possible for you to let me know your thoughts on when Oct.24,2006 EB2 might become current?

Thanks so much,
    Raji.

3. Ron Gotcher

I've been waiting for better inventory data from the CIS before getting back into the projection game, so I honestly don't have an opinion for you. On the other hand, within a week we will have the October Visa Bulletin.

4. bhavin

bhavin Junior Member

It's Now November 10 .. still no Visa bulletin of December 2010 ??? I read that Next month's Visa bulletin will come on prior months' 9th day.. Still no update from USCIS ?? Anything Am I missing ?

5. Ron Gotcher

The Visa Bulletin can come out as early as the 7th of the month or as late as the 15th. It all depends on the complexity of the calculations needed for the specific month. Usually, it takes a bit longer to publish the last VB in each quarter (such as December).

6. miceelf

miceelf Senior Member

bhavin, someone started the rumor that Visa Bulletin comes out on the 9th. It's absolutely untrue, and you should correct whoever told you, because it starts all kinds of unproductive speculation ("oh, no, it's the 10th, so visa bulletin must be late, so we are going to retrogress" etc).

Ron is correct here, as always.

My impression is that it's USUALLY the second friday of the month, but of course, there have been many exceptions to that.

7. bhavin

bhavin Junior Member

Thanks "RON" and "miceelf" ..

8. Pundit Arjun

Pundit Arjun Junior Member

9. Ron Gotcher

I don't think that there is enough information available there to make an intelligent guess. The Visa Office has said that we shouldn't look for any movement until summer.

10. charisma469

charisma469 Junior Member

Hello,
    My step-father filed an i-130 petion for me and I fall in the category of unmarried children over the age of 21. He filed this application for me while i am on a f-1 visa attending school in the U.S. On the i-130 application he indicated that my intention was to adjust status since i was legally here in the U.S. My petition was approved and I recently heard from the NVC. I am somewhat confused because I thought that the NVC dealt with consular cases or for people that were outside of the country. What do I do? Do I contact the NVC to register an agent and pay the AOS fee??or do I contact them and let them know that my intent it to adjust status with USCIS?

My priority date is Sept. 2007.

Thanks so much Ron!

11. daalchawal

daalchawal Junior Member

anyone plz tell me about F2A documenterily qualified in Dec 2010..when my interview can b scheduled???usually how much time i need to wait if they put me in oversubscribed category(cuttt of date)..??? ​

12. Pundit Arjun

Pundit Arjun Junior Member

Thanks for the reply, Ron. Will wait patiently till Summer and shall bug you :)

13. daalchawal

daalchawal Junior Member

HI RON.. i think this time period is for EB2/3 categories!!

14. Ron Gotcher

Sorry, you are correct. I was thinking of India EB2. With so many people jumping into threads, things sometimes get confusing for me. The most recent Visa Bulletin (February) has some information about the prospects for FB cutoff date movement. I recommend that you read what they have to say.

15. daalchawal

daalchawal Junior Member

hi Ron!! plz tell me about F2A documenterily qualified in Dec 2010..when my interview can b scheduled???(consulate pakistan) how much time i have to wait 4that,i m waiting since last 2 months,in Feb bulletin no info about my case.my PD is Dec 2009.​

16. Ron Gotcher

Your interview cannot be scheduled until your priority date becomes current. Right now, there is a two year gap between the cutoff date and your priority date.

17. daalchawal

daalchawal Junior Member

Thanks Ron !!i will wait 4 that time

18. daalchawal

daalchawal Junior Member

hi Ron!
    i m still waiting 4interview letter since last 4 months,F2A,case was completed on 14 Dec2010 at nvc,PD DEC 2009.US embassy pakistan,,i heard usually they schedule interview within 6 months after completion of case at nvc,, is it correct??plz answer me ASAP!

19. Ron Gotcher

They try to start work on cases about six months before they believe that a visa number will become available. This is only an estimate on their part, however. Don't start counting down from 180 days based on that notification.

20. daalchawal

daalchawal Junior Member

Thanks Ron 4 the reply!!