1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Executive Action - I-140 Ead

Discussion in 'Executive Action' started by permvar08, Oct 4, 2017.

1. permvar08

permvar08 New Member

Hi Ron / Gurus

Under this new rule effective from Jan 2017, if I have an approved 140 with an employer and stay with that employer for more than 180 Days I know I can retain my PD even if i change my jobs, and can I still use my previous I-140 to extend my H1-B beyond 6 years...

But my case and question is -
    Initial I-140 was in EB3 category and have already covered the 180 day limit on that approved I-140 (and my 6 years on H1 also already completed).
    Meantime, my company has upgraded to EB2 category and filed for a new I-140; waiting for approval now.
    So Once I get that new I-140 in EB2 category approved, do I need to again stay more than180 days with this new approved I-140 to be eligible for the new executive action to retain my PD before I can switch jobs??

Kindly help and advice.

Thanks for your time.

2. permvar08

permvar08 New Member

Ron/ Any experts, appreciate if someone can advice?

3. WaldenPond

WaldenPond Guru

Your PD is already locked, now the fact that you have another I-140 approved or not, and for how many days, doesn't change anything with your PD, your PD would still be the same no matter what. So, you are good to go with or without 180 days now onwards.