1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New 25 Page I-485 Draft Question

Discussion in 'Filing for AOS with an approved I-140' started by surge, Jul 2, 2015.

1. surge

surge New Member

Hi Ron:

Going through the new 25 page I-485 draft, I noticed that the question in the older version:

Have you ever in or outside the US been arrested, cited, charged, indicted, convicted, fined, or imprisoned for breaking or violating any law or ordinance, excluding traffic violations?

has been changed to: page 11 Part 8

Q14. Have you ever been arrested, cited, charged, or detained for any reason by any law enforcement official (including but not limited to any US immigration official or any official of the US armed forces or US coast guard)?

They have removed the "excluding traffic violations" phrase. Are minor traffic citations now a "yes"?

Secondly, all the questions pertain to all entries in the past, not just the most recent US entry right?

2. righttolive

righttolive Member

I am really beginning to wonder if they want to help legals or make their lives hard....is all this signs of faster moving dates...in the hopes to tighten one side???

3. Ron Gotcher

Ron Gotcher Attorney at Law

It appears that this bloated new form wants you to provide every last fact about your life, including traffic citations. I have no idea why they ask this as is it not something that can be used to deny adjustment of status.

4. groot

groot Member

The updated form will be in regulation website right, can't AILA comment on it to make it meaningful rather than cumbersome?

5. Ron Gotcher

Ron Gotcher Attorney at Law

Everyone seems to be commenting on it.