1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need To File I-751 But Have Pending Misdemeanor Charge

Discussion in 'Keeping your green card' started by arcanlas0203, Dec 5, 2015.

1. arcanlas0203

arcanlas0203 New Member

I am due to file my I-751 but I have a pending misdemeanor charge., 508pc. This is the first time it happened to me and everything is a nightmare. I have retained a criminal lawyer for my case. My question is do I have a criminal record though I was not booked, fingerprinted? I was given a citation ticket. My worry now is how to fill out my I-751. Should I answer No to the question if i was arrested, convicted of any crime? I was never arrested or detained. And I am not convicted too. Please help me with your advice. I have been having sleepless crying nights since August and we have a 10 month old baby girl too

2. Ron Gotcher

Ron Gotcher Attorney at Law

Answer truthfully that you were given a citation and provide copies of all relevant documents. This shouldn't be a problem.

3. arcanlas0203

arcanlas0203 New Member

Thanks for the reply Ron.

4. Joel Elwyn

Joel Elwyn Banned

Hi,
    You must not hide any information to USCIS. It better to take a legal advice before filling your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence. If USCIS found any false information you will face issues.

Disclaimer:- usimmigration-center.com is a private entity and is not affiliated or approved by any government agency.We are not a law firm and don't provide attorney's services.