1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need My Mom's I-797 And I-94 Validity Date Corrected (b2 Visa Extended With I-539)

Discussion in 'Non-working nonimmigrant issues' started by Aravind K, Aug 21, 2015.

1. Aravind K

Aravind K New Member

Hi, my mom came to US on B2 visa on 9/23/14. I had an extension filed before the I-94 expiry 3/22/15. My initial request for B2 extension was for 8/20/2015. But, while the case was pending, I sent additional documents to correct the 8/20/15 request date to 9/20/15. This would still be under the 6-month B2 extension timeframe. I had to change the dates as a result of my mom being hospitalized for arm swelling and chest pain and as per the doctor was advised a little more rest before leaving the country. But last week, I already received a I-797 notice the 8/20/15 date. I sent a service-request as advise by the customer service rep immediately. I got a response today stating that I need to apply a new extension since the old one is closed. But its already 8/21. I just wanted to know what are my options now. Should i file a new I-539 although the date is now 8/21 (possibly with reasons for the delay in application) or file a I-102 correction

2. Ron Gotcher

Ron Gotcher Attorney at Law

Go ahead and apply. Explain the circumstances. They should approve it.