1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Help DV Case

Discussion in 'Criminality' started by 6363flatrock, Aug 26, 2013.

1. 6363flatrock

6363flatrock Junior Member

Dear Ron,
    I was browsing and came across this site, I need some advise if possible please.

I was working in US under L2b visa with EAD, my wife got transfer last year in Dec to Canada for 3 months. I moved with her as I cannot continue since she was leaving. In Feb 2013 we had and argument and my wife called the cops, I was arrested, she gave a statement that I slapped her (no injuries or any brushes) I pleaded not Guilty . Now the prosecutor in Canada had actually Stayed the charges rather than withdraw or dismiss the case.

In the mean time My US employer applied for H1B petition and it got approved. I am planning to get the visa stamping done, but I am very nervous due to this case which in terms of canadian law is finished but I dont know how the Visa officer will see this.

I do have court disposition document with me which describe the charges and also says Charges Stayed .

I am confuse.

Please advise!

2. 6363flatrock

6363flatrock Junior Member

Dear Ron,
    Could you please advise.
    Thanks