1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Advise Regarding H4 Ead Application Impact Due To H1 Amendment

Discussion in 'H4 employment authorization' started by johnsonmutorri, Jun 6, 2016.

1. johnsonmutorri

johnsonmutorri New Member

Hi Ron/Admin,

Need your advise regarding H4 EAD renewal. I recently applied for H4 EAD renewal for my spouse. My company will be filing H1 amendment by this month end due to work location change, will this impact my spouse's H4 EAD application? Please advice if I have to take any action, thank you.

2. Ron Gotcher

Ron Gotcher Attorney at Law

The USCIS isn't likely to grant an extension of her EAD until her H4 status has been extended. This is a good example of why people in this situation should file their H1B/H4 extensions as early as possible in the six month window allowed for filing. The EAD extension should be filed with the H4 extension.

3. johnsonmutorri

Thanks Ron for your reply. We received H1/H4 extension approval and then applied for EAD renewal. But now due to location, we have to apply for H1 amendment again. Please advise if USCIS will not grant EAD renewal based on approved extensions but will wait for H1 amendment as well, thanks.

4. Ron Gotcher

Ron Gotcher Attorney at Law

They should approve it based on the extension.

5. johnsonmutorri