1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Advice Regarding Changing Of Employer After I140 Approval.

Discussion in 'PERM modernization' started by Deepa Sharma, Jul 19, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Deepa Sharma

Deepa Sharma New Member

Hi Ron,

I recently got my I140 approved, and I'm planning to change my employer. I understand that my new employer would need to start my process from scratch. So to be on the safer side, I spoke to my old employer so that they won't withdraw my I140 till I get my I140 with my new employer and they agreed for it over the phone but I don't have written confirmation.

How can I be certain that they wont withdraw my I140 ? Is there a certain document that I should ask from my old employer which can make me certain that they won't or will not be able to withdraw my I140.

And also I wanted to know, is their any cost or anything else( i.e. legal obligation) involved on employer's end because of which they may take a decision to withdraw my I140 ?

I am worried that even though they have verbally said that they wont withdraw it, what if they withdraw and I am worried if they have some cost or legal obligation involved they might withdraw. Please suggest.

Thanks

2. Santy

Santy Guru

It totally depends on your relationship. If your employer decides not to revoke then he will not else you cant stop it.

3. Deepa Sharma

Deepa Sharma New Member

I understand that. But is their any cost or anything else( i.e. legal obligation) involved on employer's end because of which they may take a decision to withdraw my I140 ?

4. Santy

Santy Guru

Yes there are burdens to prove. Relationship is just a suggestion. I don't have all your information and priorities to comment further. Relationship works for most of the cases.

5. Deepa Sharma

Deepa Sharma New Member

To prove what ? Does big companies normally withdraw I140 ?

6. Deepa Sharma

Deepa Sharma New Member

Hi Ron,

Can you please advise.

7. Blindsided

Blindsided Member

Alright - statement not to withdraw I-140 is just that ' a statement'. No guarantees whatsoever and I believe you will re-write histiry if they give you a letter saying they wont revoke it.
    Solution - get started with the process within 6 months and at least get the PERM filed before 365 days.
    Do not waste your efforts chasing legally binding assurances on I-140 that does not exist.

Move on. File on.

8. Ron Gotcher

Ron Gotcher Attorney at Law

I agree.