1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Advice For H1b Stamping In Canada

Discussion in 'Nonimmigrant Visa Applications' started by samzeeshan, Jan 5, 2016.

1. samzeeshan

samzeeshan New Member

I worked in US for an employer for more than a year on H1B. I visited my home country and I went to US embassy for H1B visa stamping in September and was waiting for the administrative process to be cleared since then. Unfortunately, my employer decided to terminate my employment after waiting for 8 weeks and recently, I got my visa refused by the embassy.

If I get an offer letter & new I-797A from new H1b employer, Can I apply new H1b visa application in Canada considering the administrative processing times & that I have valid visa for Canada? Will they accept my H1b application and what are the chances of approval?
    Thank you for your input in this regard.

2. Ron Gotcher

Ron Gotcher Attorney at Law

You may certainly apply and most likely they will accept your application.

3. samzeeshan

samzeeshan New Member

Thank you Ron for your input.
    Is there any case that the visa application is not accepted & have been told to apply from home country again?

4. Ron Gotcher

That happens often. Be prepared for it in case it happens to you.

5. samzeeshan

samzeeshan New Member

Thanks Ron for your valueable reply

6. St Jude

St Jude Member

Dear Ron,

H1 & H4 VISA Stamping in Canada after changing employer and Canada PR landing process.

Here is my situation.

• Current H1/H4 expires in Nov 2016. I am in my 12th year on H1B.
    • H1 & H4 VISA expired in 2013 Nov.
    • I will be moving to new employer in Mid July 2016. With the transfer of H1, I will get 3 years extension (I have approved I-140)

I plan on going to Canada in early August 2016. I also have a Canada PR landing process to complete during this trip to Canada.

Will changing to new employer be of any issue to goto Canada for H1 & H4 Stamping.

kindly let me know given my case will there be any issues going o Canada for PR landing process and H1B & H4 VISA stamping.

Thanks for your time and advise.

7. Ron Gotcher

You should get a three year extension - providing the employer showed three years of work. The employer change should not be an issue in Canada.

8. St Jude

St Jude Member

Dear Ron, Thank you very much for your quick reply. My H1 /H4 papers reached CA USCIS yesterday and we had requested Premium processing. So I'll get to know the extension duration in 2 weeks.