1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

N-400 Question About An Arrest

Discussion in 'Naturalization to become a US citizen' started by Anurodh, Mar 4, 2017.

1. Anurodh

Anurodh New Member

Hello Ron

About 13 years ago I was arrested for rape but no charges were ever filed as it was a bad story where the girl wanted me to commit to a long term relationship and I did not agree. I did spend a day/night behind the bars. The record has been expunged, I have a copy of document stating that no charges were ever filed. I did move on with my life and moved from h1 to EAD to Green card and now I have applied for Naturalization. I have been fingerprinted but with the new executive order where they can put you on deportation list even when there was no case or conviction or charges I am very worried about my N400 interview.

What is the possibility that they could either deny me citizenship or deny and put me on deportation list? If they do so will I have a fair chance to go to immigration judge and seek justice? I have no other record for the past 13 years and since then I've not only gotten married but have a good married life and kids.

Please comment and let me know what should be my game plan. (I'm not represented by a lawyer but if you would recommend I can avail services for my interview with USCIS)

Thank you

2. Anurodh

Anurodh New Member

Ron - Can you please answer?
    Senior Members - Do you have any idea on this issue?

3. Anurodh

Anurodh New Member

Can someone please answer ---------Looking for some help here.

4. Anurodh

Anurodh New Member

Surprisingly I am not getting any responses. I cant even edit the original post so my only option left is to look elsewhere. :(