1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multiple visits to US and corresponding change of visa validity

Discussion in 'Employment verification issues' started by LilyAnn, Feb 10, 2014.

1. LilyAnn

LilyAnn Junior Member

Hi, I am a citizen of Armenia and got B1/B2 multiple entry visa on November 19, which expires on November 17, 2014. I was in US from December 11 till January 5, and the visa officer had stamped a date of June 10, 2014 as the validity end date. I am planning to go to US in a month and stay there till July. Here are my questions: 1. Is there a risk the visa officer will consider suspicious my visit? 2. Will the visa officer change the validity date of my visa to later date as my remaining 154 days will expire later than June 11, 2014 stamped in my passport? 3. Will the travelling reason for the trip be acceptable this time, too? Last time I came with my son who holds the same type of visa. Both got B2 type by the visa officer. Thank you in advance for your time. Regards, Liana

2. Ron Gotcher

Ron Gotcher Attorney at Law

The validity interval of a visa generally has nothing to do with how long you may stay. Rather, it shows the validity of the visa - like the validity of a passport. If your visa expires on November 17, 2014, and you arrive at the port of entry on November 16th, you will likely be given the default authorized stay of six months.