1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moving To Another State After Getting Green Card

Discussion in 'Keeping your green card' started by NaeemUsman, Oct 7, 2015.

1. NaeemUsman

NaeemUsman Junior Member

Ron,

I recently got my Green Card in EB-3 category through my employer. My company is in New York. All my PERM,I-140 and Green Card were filed here in New York state. Now I am thinking of moving to another state like Texas. My employer and job description will remain the same. I will be working remotely from home for my current employer. I will still be paying New York state taxes. I want to know if my move is legal.Also will this cause any issue when I apply for citizenship after 5 years?. I know PERM and I-140 is tied to a specific job location

Me,my wife and daughter got Green Card on 14th August 2015. My son got his Green card on 22 September 2015. My son green card was delayed because of missing vaccination. so he didn't get green card with us

I want to know after how much time I can move out to another state? I just don't need any issues during my citizenship process

2. ArviGiri

ArviGiri New Member

Are you kidding? You are a free bird man. Do whatever from wherever but pay the taxes.

Ron: For such questions USCIS should repeal the GC. Just kidding.

3. DonDraper

DonDraper Guru

You will be fine. No issues. Enjoy !

4. Ron Gotcher

Ron Gotcher Attorney at Law

Enjoy the move. You are now a free agent.

5. NaeemUsman

NaeemUsman Junior Member

Ron,

Thanks for your reply . Some body told me that I have to wait 6 months or maybe 1 year before I can move. Is this true?

6. Ron Gotcher

Ron Gotcher Attorney at Law

Not true. That applies to the time following the filing of your application for adjustment of status.