1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moving To Another Employer Where Perm Is Yet To Be Approved Filed By Previous Employer

Discussion in 'PERM modernization' started by SBR, Jul 23, 2015.

1. SBR

SBR New Member

Hi Ron,
    I am in initial stage of my GC processing. My current employer A has filed PERM on May 2015. I did not get the result yet. Now I am getting good opportunity from another employer B. My question is :

1. If I change to B, what will be the case with the PERM processing of employer A?

2. Employer B agreed that they will file PERM immediately after I join. Can they file the PERM where previous PERM was already filed by employer A? What will be the consequences? Please advice.

Thanks in advanced !

2. Ron Gotcher

Ron Gotcher Attorney at Law

Presumably the old employer will withdraw their PERM since you are no longer working for them. The new employer can file one on your behalf, but it will get the date it is filed as the priority date.

3. SBR

SBR New Member

Thanks Ron! Understood . So, has the new employer needs to wait until the old employer withdraws their PERM? or simultaneously both can be processed ?

4. Ron Gotcher

Ron Gotcher Attorney at Law

No, the two can be processed at the same time.

5. SBR

SBR New Member

ok ... thanks much !