1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Medical Visa Or Regular Tourist Visa???

Discussion in 'NIV applications in India' started by Loy Perera, Jul 29, 2014.

1. Loy Perera

Loy Perera New Member

I am sponsoring my sister (Indian citizen, Delhi consulate) - she is 50, I am a US citizen, and she is a divorcee. She has a history of mental problems but is now stable. However I am not sure that even with proper coaching if she would be able to face the interview alone, and appear completely normal. My parents have a visa, and have traveled here before.

How should I approach her case - should we go the regular tourist visa route and hope she clears the interview? Is there a way to request one parent accompany her?

Or should we go the medical visa route - we can always use second opinion by doctors here. But I am not sure if that would be a good strategy given immigration law excludes people with mental issues.

Please advise which route will maximize her chances. I am in a good financial situation so showing financial support will not be an issue. Thanks!

2. Ron Gotcher

Ron Gotcher Attorney at Law

Without reviewing all of the facts personally, that's a really tough call. I think I'd try the regular route first and then if that fails, get a doctor's letter.

3. Loy Perera

Loy Perera New Member

Thanks Ron. Can you please let me know the approximate cost of a consult on this? You can email me.

4. Ron Gotcher

Ron Gotcher Attorney at Law

We don't "consult" on cases.