1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MAVNI wife

Discussion in 'Serving military and military families' started by Mavniwife, Dec 9, 2013.

1. Mavniwife

Mavniwife Junior Member

I need urgent help please. I came to the US with a J-1 visa. I got married almost 2 years ago to another J-1 visa holder. My husband joined the MAVNI Program; his shipping date will be in March 2014. My visa is going to expire this month December 2013 + one month extension = Jan 30 2013. Since I am J-1 visa holder, the international student services of my school told me that there's no way to extend my visa. What should I do? Should I go back to my home country before my visa expires, or wait until my husband gets naturalized so I can apply for green card. That means from February to May I will be out of status. PLEASE HELP. I don't want to screw up in immigration.
    I prefer NOT to leave the US because it would be probably take longer to come back, but I don't want to be out of status either. I will appreciate any advice. Thank you!