1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MAVNI naturalized soldier

Discussion in 'Serving military and military families' started by ravneetsingh, Feb 11, 2010.

  1. ravneetsingh

    ravneetsingh Junior Member

    Likes Received:
    Trophy Points:
    Hello Ron,

    I have been a long time follower of ur forums and was recently naturalized through the Military Accessions Vital to the National Interest (MAVNI) program, going in as a 2LT Army RN.

    I have been trying to gather all the required docs to apply for AOS for my wife who is on F1, and have been having a lot of trouble trying to get her Birth Certificate from her birthplace in India. Apparently, she was not registered at time of her birth, and so it may take indefinite time to get it made now!

    While searching for alternatives to Birth Certificate, I came across another immigration website that states that applicatnts from India may submit affidavits of birth and certificates of nonavailability of Birth Certificate. Do you think it is an acceptable alternative? I already have the certificate of nonavailability ready in India. Also, would a copy of the affidavit and certificate of nonavailability be acceptable or does it have to be original documents?

    Here is the link: http://www.usabal.com/permres/aos/birth_cert_info.html

    Please advise.
  2. Ron Gotcher

    Ron Gotcher Attorney at Law

    Likes Received:
    Trophy Points:
    Re: MAVNI naturalized soldier

    She needs to obtain a letter from a governmental body in India that no birth record exists for her. Once you have that, you then need to get two sworn affidavits (such as from her parents or other family members), attesting to the details of her birth and you may use that combination of documents in place of a birth certificate.

Share This Page