1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Master's Plus Two Year Substitute For Bachelors Plus 5 Years ?

Discussion in 'PERM modernization' started by John Doe, Aug 3, 2015.

  1. John Doe

    John Doe New Member

    Likes Received:
    Trophy Points:
    In order to file my GC in EB2 my company has a requirement of a Bachelor's degree plus 5 years of work experience. I do not have 5 years work-ex, but I do have a Masters degree in related field.
    I want to know if I can request my company to consider my masters + 2 year in place of bachelors + 5 years.
    I have seen the job description at various postings saying either of two, but my company wants to know if this is a valid substitution? ie. masters + 2 would be equivalent to bachelors + 5.

    Thanks for the responses,
  2. Ron Gotcher

    Ron Gotcher Attorney at Law

    Likes Received:
    Trophy Points:
    The USCIS considers the equivalent of a master's degree to be a combination of a bachelor's degree and five years of experience. The Department of Labor, however, considers the equivalent of a bachelor''s degree and five years of experience to be a master's degree and three years of experience.

Share This Page