1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Marriage Fraud

Discussion in 'Criminality' started by Ron Gotcher, Oct 10, 2014.

1. Ron Gotcher

Ron Gotcher Attorney at Law

2. sam10

sam10 New Member

Ron,

I am not sure whether I can post a question relating to marriage here or not but want to discuss an issue related to my marriage that got called off.

I am on H1b and have I-140 approved in EB2 category.
    My parents found a girl for me in US who was on F1 visa and wanted me to get married in US.

My parents came to US for attending my marriage but for some family issues the marriage got called off.

We are from India. The girl's parents are also from India. After the marriage got called off the girls parents are threatening me and my parents

if we return back to India they will torture us and is demanding $40,000 US dollars.

Now I am afraid of going back to India and since my parents are in US on visit Visa I am afraid to send them back too.

I am stuck in a situation, can you suggest me what I can do to keep my parents in US with me and stay here with them without going back?

3. Ron Gotcher

Sit down with a lawyer in your local area and discuss the remedies available to you.

4. sam10

sam10 New Member

Should I discuss it with a immigration lawyer in local area?

Is there any immigration law in US to provide protection against these threats?

5. Ron Gotcher

There might be. It depends on your circumstances. Speak with an immigration lawyer.

6. sam10

sam10 New Member

Thanks Ron for responding.

The reason I contacted you was I have read good reviews about you.

My H1B and green card filing is done through your firm Global immigration partners.

Can you help me on this? I am fine with paying for the consultation.

7. Ron Gotcher

Where do you live? I'm happy to help, but you need someone local because this is likely to involve your local immigration office. Please contact me directly at the office so that we can discuss this at length.

8. sam10

sam10 New Member

I am from Illinois but working as a contractor in Michigan so currently I am in Michigan.

Can you provide me your contact number and best time in EST to call you.

9. Ron Gotcher

Call the office (818-914-6482) to set up a mutually convenient time for us to talk.