1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

March 19th Listening Session

Discussion in 'Visa Modernization' started by Ron Gotcher, Mar 5, 2015.

1. Ron Gotcher

Ron Gotcher Attorney at Law

Dear Stakeholder,

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) invitesyouto participate in alistening session on Thursday, March 19, from 2 to 3:30 p.m. (Eastern) to provide feedback on one area of the executive actions on immigration: business-focused immigration enhancements.

Under those actions, USCIS will work with other government agencies to modernize, improve and clarify immigrant and nonimmigrant visa programs to grow our economy and create jobs. During the listening session, USCIS officials will provide an overview of the new initiatives and seek your input on enhancements.

To register for this session, please follow these steps:

• Visit our registration page
    • Enter your email address and select “Submit"
    • Select “Subscriber Preferences”
    • Select the “Event Registration” tab
    • Provide your full name and organization, if any
    • Complete the questions and select “Submit”

Once we process your registration, you will receive a confirmation email with details about how to participate in the teleconference.

If you have any questions regarding the registration process, or if you have not received a confirmation email within two business days, please email us at Public.Engagement@uscis.dhs.gov.

Note to Media: This engagement is not for press purposes. Please contact the USCIS Press Office at (202) 272-1200 for any media inquiries. If you have questions regarding this engagement or other stakeholder matters, please email us at Public.Engagement@uscis.dhs.gov.

We lookforward toengaging with you!

2. gten20

gten20 Junior Member

ok... Fingers crossed again! :D

3. Ron Gotcher

Ron Gotcher Attorney at Law

Hopefully, they will give us some idea of what they plan to do and when they plan to do it.

rsr_am and GeorgeCostanza like this.
  4. bca94

bca94 New Member

Oh man... I knew it, visa modernization was going to revolve around employment-based immigration only, even though family-based immigration was mentioned in the visa modernization to submit comments.

Again, nothing for people of family-based immigrants, people like my mother who has waited over 20 years for a green card. And thanks to that people like me aging out...

5. nutcracker

nutcracker New Member

I am wondering when they say "business-focused" are they really talking about skilled workers or "foriegn investors". My thought is this may not be related to skilled workers.

6. Kamakazee

Kamakazee Super Moderator

Business focused probably means immigration actions which helps US businesses which in turn could mean its employees. I do not think they will be talking about the investment visa for 1.5 hours.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2015
  7. SGeorge

SGeorge Guru

montyp80 likes this.
  8. montyp80

montyp80 Junior Member