1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

March 19th Listening Session

Discussion in 'Visa Modernization' started by Ron Gotcher, Mar 5, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DonDraper

DonDraper Guru

There is a very good chance that EB3 dates will move forward substantially in 2016. With WW-EB3 almost current there will be a huge flow of visas to EB3- India in 2016.

2. Kamakazee

Kamakazee Super Moderator

Also, if people are expecting that the USCIS will announce anything about recapture and/or removal of dependents, they will probably be disappointed. Both these provisions are in the hands of DOS and if implemented, will be done with little fanfare.

3. speedracer

speedracer Guru

Granted they will keep it down but shouldn't they release the results of study sometime after 120 Days. If USCIS is releasing its finding, why is DOS not held to the same (for the lack of better word) standards.. ?

4. rsr_am

rsr_am New Member

Bingo! That's my thought too!

Not that they should not , but going public with such an 'announcement' would just be adding more 'fuel' to the litigation fire, IMO. They may be better off working the kinks out internally and just update the visa bulletin accordingly. The backlogged EB3s (in particular in EB category) do not care about the public announcement as much at this point - Any movement in the so-called priority date based on the recapture would be a significant for them - with DOS going public or not.

5. Kamakazee

The study should have findings of DOS, USCIS and DOL in there. I am also hoping that Visa Revalidation is implemented pretty soon.

6. speedracer

speedracer Guru

true that.. the end result is more significant to the beneficiaries ... lets see what happens after 19th...

7. Shane

Shane Junior Member

When you say 'Visa Revalidation' not sure what does that mean?

Is it Statute re-interpretation, recapture, or something else
    Please guide

8. Kamakazee

It means visa stamping within US. You won't have to go to an embassy outside the country to get your visa stamped.

9. speedracer

speedracer Guru

that would be great.. it will help a lot of people who haven't gone to india bcoz of 221g scare

10. Ron Gotcher

Ron Gotcher Attorney at Law

They eliminated that service after 9/11, but I can't remember if it was a statutory change or just a policy change.

11. rsr_am

rsr_am New Member

If I remember it right, it was discontinued so as to collect biometric stuff which was required per some act.. For starters, they may as well discountinue it for those who have already provided biometric fingerprints.

IF they resurrect this process domestically, will save a lot of overhead on overseas consular offices and not to mention a lot of grief for individuals...

12. Ron Gotcher

The USCIS application support centers that collect biometrics for that agency are private contractors. They could perform the same function for the Visa Office.

13. jdoe99

jdoe99 Well-Known Member

Ron,
    Is this AILA meeting event on 18th anything out of the ordinary? will there be any news from this and will you have access to it?

14. Ron Gotcher

I don't see anything important coming out of it.

15. jdoe99

jdoe99 Well-Known Member

Ok. Thanks.

16. Shane

Shane Junior Member

Thanks. I assume CIS may went thru the comments/recommendations and will provide a vague direction for coming 3-4 months.
    That might include:
    statute reinterpretation
    recapture
    visa revalidation
    pre-registration 140/EAD-AP
    etc

and I believe their aim to shoot for the moon (recapture and/or statute reinterpretation)

Lets see

17. Ron Gotcher

I want to caution everyone about expecting explicit announcements and timelines on Thursday. I expect them to be vague and only offer hints as to what they may do. Unless they have regulations ready to publish (which they may), don't expect anything concrete.

18. speedracer

speedracer Guru

thanks Ron, it is really difficult to set expectations low .. especially after years of waiting in line..

19. Ron Gotcher

I just don't want to see people get their hopes dashed when the USCIS isn't all that forthcoming on Thursday. Temper expectations. Things will happen, we just aren't likely to get that much information on Thursday.

20. yubeie

yubeie Member

Agreed, Ron..I am waiting cautiously for any meaningful announcements..as I have a job offer in hand that I need to decide whether to accept or not..hoping I can prevent starting my PERM from scratch again which is a pain!! :-(

BTW..did not mean to hijack this thread with personal stuff..my apologies..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.