1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Litigation To Stop Executive Actions

Discussion in 'General discussion about executive action' started by Ron Gotcher, May 29, 2015.

1. Ron Gotcher

Ron Gotcher Attorney at Law

2. s_gan

s_gan Super Moderator

Good one. Sometimes even I do think that that he set it up to fail and now foxnews thinks so. This actually means that what senram has been saying is correct.

3. s_gan

s_gan Super Moderator

Does that mean that you think 5th circuit court is going to kill it.

4. cuckoo

cuckoo Super Moderator

I do not want to believe that Obama knew and intended that DACA/DAPA would be blocked when he went ahead with those announcements but the current result is better than anything democrats could have thought of. The illegals cannot complain about dems not acting while their labor union supporters are happy because nothing is actually happening on the ground for the illegals. And gop takes all the blame.

5. Ron Gotcher

I still think that at the end of the day the Fifth Circuit will come down on the side of the government.

6. Ron Gotcher

I think he saw it as a win/win. If it went through, he won. If it got blocked by the Republicans, he won.

Kamakazee and cuckoo like this.
  7. Senram

Senram Member

What the author of this article is littile bit confusing. I think he meant that whichever way GOP go they will hit hard. But in politics no one or no one party is permanent winner or permanent loser including elections especially in USA. I think democrats will face the reality in 2016 for blindly supporting all the actions of Obama. Already Hillary is showing her weakness by telling that she will expand DACA/DAPA than Obama. Yes she is not confident on her skills or base and she needs full support of Latino/Hispanic group. My best guess would be this much weak candidate did not win President election so far unless opposition party person much weaker. I think Jeb Bush has pretty good chance. But we have to see whether he can be elected GOP

s_gan likes this.
  8. cuckoo

cuckoo Super Moderator

I think 5th circuit will go with the states just because they are so political. However, i think the SCOTUS will go with the administration. They just handed yet another decision supporting executive authority to act arbitrarily in immigration matters. http://www.wsws.org/en/articles/2015/06/16/supr-j16.htmlThat is why I am surprised they did not pursue the injunction issue with the SC.

9. Ron Gotcher

I also think that acting on behalf of legal immigrants is a win/win for him. If he acts and there is no successful challenge, he makes Silicon Valley happy and keeps the campaign donations flowing for his party. If he acts and there is a successful challenge, he can say that he did all he could but the Republicans thwarted him. Either way, he wins and campaign contributions keep flowing. The only way he loses is if he does nothing.

10. s_gan

s_gan Super Moderator

Jeb articulated it really well when he said he makes his own decisions and his life story is different. He is certainly a stronger candidate.

11. cuckoo

cuckoo Super Moderator

Now that he doesn't have to run anymore, he couldn't care less about campaign contributions. As to his party, they are acting as short sighted as the GOP did, with senator warren leading against the trade bill to protect american workers and Hillary going the same way. Obviously, that does not make the Industry happy generally, perhaps the silicon valley doesn't care for it either way. However, what is to stop this new Dem frenzy to protect american workers from turning into full scale anti- legal immigrants. After all, legal immigrants have traditionally been favored by GOP and distrusted by Dems.

12. Sailor

Sailor New Member

cuckoo likes this.
  13. cuckoo

cuckoo Super Moderator

Like he said he would have done the same thing as Bush in Iraq knowing there were no WMds. How many steps did he need to backtrack from that statement? He is every bit as opportunistic and spineless as any of them, including Hillary. They will go wherever the votes they need take them. He is promising to get immigration reform done by legislation rather than executive action. How is he going to do that? He has no control over the taliban wing of his party let alone over Dems who will certainly be a factor in the senate even if they lose the presidency and the house. There is no way GOP will get filibuster proof majority in the senate.

14. s_gan

s_gan Super Moderator

GOP needs Jeb to take back Florida, Colorado and Ohio

15. Ron Gotcher

Let's see where he is in April. He is either going to move so far to the right that he is toxic, or lose in the primaries. Only about 20% of the electorate is made up of really crazy right wingers, but they form two-thirds of the Republican party.

cuckoo likes this.
  16. s_gan

s_gan Super Moderator

He clearly understands the conundrum. That is why he said “The presidency should not be passed on from one liberal to the next,"

17. mar212011

mar212011 Well Regarded Member

It was funny looking at Trump's statement "I'm really rich -- that's the kind of mindset, that's the kind of thinking you need for this country," he said.

18. Kamakazee

Kamakazee Super Moderator

He is everything that's wrong with the Republican party.

19. Kamakazee

Kamakazee Super Moderator

How do you prove that your employer is actually supervising your day to day activities? What sort of documentation is required? Plus if you are working for a third party client and on-site, why will the employer need to supervise you day in and out.

And yes, I know Hanen is probably a racist and an Obama hater but what the USCIS did with doling out 3-year EADs was illegal, plain and simple. Hanen did use it to his advantage but it was USCIS who gave him that chance. We had a lot of discussions about the validity of H4 EAD at the OMB/USCIS meeting and convinced them to match the EAD expiry to the visa expiry date to avoid multiple filings, fees etc. Whereas USCIS simply changed the DACA EADs to 3 years.

The priorities of this administration are clear. We are being piggy backed to show that EOs are not all about illegals. Fox News and the other party finally realized what Obama had calculated months ago. Whatever the DAPA outcome will be, Obama will win and the Republicans will take the blame. Lets hope we can piggy back of it and get our share.

I am giving up hope on statute reinterpretation. Lets hope we get some sort of recapture to reduce the backlog.

20. Senram

Senram Member

But still they selected his brother George Bush though he was moderate. So there is a possibility for Jeb Bush