1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lib Transfer To Hib???

Discussion in 'Nonimmigrant Visa Validity' started by Lauraco45, Aug 28, 2014.

1. Lauraco45

Lauraco45 New Member

Hello,
    I am a canadian who is living/working in USA under LIB. I had 3 yr, and extended it for another 2 years, but it is expiring in October 2015.
    I was told i have to return to Canada at this time, or to marry a USA citizen to stay in the country....
    I was recently approached by a USA company, and would like to work for them and was wondering if i could apply to change my LIB to HIB at this time....
    Is it possible? what steps do i need to do? can i file all this paperwork with potential new company without advising my current company?
    Please help!

2. Ron Gotcher

Ron Gotcher Attorney at Law

There are a couple of possibilities. Have you looked to see if you qualify for a TN visa? If so, that is a good way to go. If not, they you would have to try to get selected in next year's H1B lottery in April.

3. Lauraco45

Lauraco45 New Member

TN visa??? no one has mentioned this to me at all!
    So- basically I cannot start working for this new USA company at all? or can they decide to sponsor for my HIB, apply for the lottery next yr.... but can I work for this new company during the application process?

4. Lauraco45

Lauraco45 New Member

No I am not an accountants, engineers, lawyers, pharmacists, scientists, and teachers..
    i would be hired as a DOMESTIC SALES MANAGER in the fashion industry... not sure if this qualifies....

5. Ron Gotcher

Ron Gotcher Attorney at Law

You might qualify as a management consultant.