1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Less than 24 hour trips -- N400

Discussion in 'Naturalization to become a US citizen' started by gipet, Apr 9, 2007.

1. gipet

gipet Member

Hi Ron or others,

I have been to Tijuana, Mexico on weekends probably about 5 times with my friends when I used to live in San Diego, CA. Each of the trips lasted only for a maximum of 4 to 5 hours. In the N-400 Naturalization Application, USCIS asks for trips more than 24 hours. Do I really have to report all these 5 trips to Mexico anyways (in Part 7 of N-400), even though these are less than 24 hours each? btw: I was a green card holder when I went to Tijuana, Mexico for all these trips. The reason why I am asking is that when I came back to US, the IO at the border swiped my Green Card everytime.

b. I stopped in Singapore recently to do my shopping for 8 hours before catching the next connecting flight. This was sometime on Feb2007. Should this be reported in Part 7 as well by any chance ?

btw: I am eligible to apply for N-400 Naturalization on May 2007 with the rule of 5 yrs LPR - 90 days.

Please advise. Thanks in advance....

2. Ron Gotcher

Ron Gotcher Attorney at Law

You can and should mention "several trips of less than one day to Mexico".

3. gipet

gipet Member

4. bp78

bp78 New Member

did you report these trips on your N400 and what was the outcome of your citizenship/naturalization process?