1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Latest Update From Charlie Oppenheim (jan, 2015)

Discussion in 'Visa quota and cutoff date issues' started by Ron Gotcher, Jan 13, 2015.

1. Ron Gotcher

Ron Gotcher Attorney at Law

AILA posted this update from their conference with Charlie Oppenheim this month, regarding India EB2 movement:

"EB-2 India. EB-2 India is expected to advance at a minimum, 4 to 6 months in the coming months and more significant advances should be expected through May. During FY 2013, EB-2 India advanced to June 2008, and then retrogressed almost four years during the first quarter of FY 2014. EB-2 India did not advance again until the summer months, eventually reaching May 2009 in September before retrogressing again in November. Although the decision has been made to start advancing the cut-off date at this time, it is possible EB-2 India may only advance into the summer of 2009 by September. Charlie anticipates that as a result of greater/earlier demand for EB-2 numbers due to EB-3 India applicants "upgrading," there will be less "end of year" movement than in past years."​

2. Jonty Rhodes

Jonty Rhodes Active Member

Would this still be applicable if the statute reinterpretation takes place some time this summer?

3. DonDraper

DonDraper Guru

This is based on status quo

4. msr

msr Member

Hi Ron,

Can we expect the EB-2 dates to advance to May 2009 this year also ? Any guess from your end ?

5. Ron Gotcher

Did you read the first post in this thread? That is a direct quote from the guy who not only knows more about this subject than anyone else, but also the guy who calculates the cutoff dates.

6. msr

msr Member

My bad. I read the partial update on the other site where the information was not that accurate :). As Charlie Oppenheim himself announced it, it's good to know. Thanks for posting this information.

7. msr

msr Member

Ron,

It was mentioned that -- > Although the decision has been made to start advancing the cut-off date at this time, it is possible EB-2 India may only advance into the summer of 2009 by September.

Let's assume that it advances into the summer of 2009 by September. Will it stay current after that for few more months allowing the folks who have EAD already before to have their shot at GC or will it retrogress back in the next visa bulletin after September.

I know it's too early but just wondering & wanted to know your thoughts.

8. Ron Gotcher

If nothing changes, it will retrogress in October, but not as far as it did this fiscal year.

9. plusonevaas20

plusonevaas20 New Member

Hello Ron,

Happy 2015 to you!

My PD is July 13th 09 EB2 India, Do you think my date would be current this year based on the above AILA update?. It says summer 2009, so I'm not sure if it's early or late summer?

Last Year it moved upto Spring ie May 2009, so Summer 09, I'm guessing it might move to Sep 2009.

Please give your inputs!

Thanks,
    Vas

10. Ron Gotcher

Your guess is as good as mine. I reposted the direct quote from the expert. I don't have any knowledge beyond that.

11. Dar_p

Dar_p Junior Member

Thanks for the info Ron.. Can one one port from Eb2 to Eb1?

12. Ron Gotcher

If you mean can you keep your priority date, yes you can.

13. asdk

asdk New Member

Hello Ron

Based on Charlie's comments it seems we wont move to PD Dec 2010. It is very sad. I am even more disgusted by the eb3 upwards to eb2. This only makes eb2 wait times long esp for people with US degrees. I really wish there was a separate quota for people with masters/degrees from here.

14. s_gan

s_gan Super Moderator

Since Charlie has inside information, it clearly means that counting out dependents is not on the table .

15. Kris143

Kris143 Junior Member

Charlie Comments are made purely on the facts available at present..not with guess work of some interpretations that will happen in future.

16. hello

hello Junior Member

Thanks Ron for update!
    According to Charlie prediction,when do you think the EB2 dates will touch July 2008?

17. msr

msr Member

Thanks Ron. It will be very interesting to see the rate at which the dates will progress in the next few visa bulletins.

18. s_gan

s_gan Super Moderator

do ur math.

19. hello

hello Junior Member

I know math.I guess I'm asking Ron's prediction not from you.

20. Ron Gotcher

As I have written many times, I don't know anything more that what I posted at the start of this thread.