1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Latest Info From Charlie Oppenheim

Discussion in 'Visa quota and cutoff date issues' started by Ron Gotcher, Apr 20, 2015.

1. jdoe99

jdoe99 Well-Known Member

With all these agencies, who knows? But since it is an official annual report, I have confidence in it. I wish Ron would come in here and set some things straight :)

2. s_gan

s_gan Super Moderator

that is why charlie said that the ROW demand doubled.

rchandars likes this.
  3. s_gan

s_gan Super Moderator

Since the dates retrogressed. I suspect many people who had I-140 approved already changed jobs and file for I-140 again.

rchandars and bhuvr like this.
  4. righttolive

righttolive Member

Dates retrogressed???

5. Ron Gotcher

Ron Gotcher Attorney at Law

If someone is eligible for Schedule A, then they can file an EB3 I-140 directly. As for the reports, I don't trust anything from the USCIS. I've seen their numbers double overnight, then get reduced dramatically, only to shoot up again within the space of a few months.

6. DonDraper

DonDraper Guru

Ron,

Do you know what the whole issue with EB-3 phillipines is ? How is that there is a huge surge suddenly ?

7. Ron Gotcher

Ron Gotcher Attorney at Law

If I had to guess, it would be that Schedule A health care workers who established priority dates a long time ago lost their job offers. Now that EB3P is moving a bit, more and more people are getting new job offers, filing new I-140s, and recapturing their ancient priority dates.

8. Chicagosky2011

Chicagosky2011 New Member

I have been looking at the Family preference based category as an example to understand how the visas are allocated and cut off dates decided. For example for F2B category what I see is the PD is in 2009. Based on the criteria, the category gets 23% of 114K visas given to F2 category. Each country then has a 7% cap - basically meaning a country can get maximum of 1.8K visas in a year. why is it then that countries like India which are not in the top oversubscribed category (Per Nov 2014 wait list) are at stuck at 2009? When I look at # of F2B visas issued to India in FY14 it says 103 which is much less than the available of 1838 under cap. Am I missing something in how the # of visa under categories are calculated?

9. alpha0

alpha0 Guru

Once govt agency figures that out, they will let us know (which may never happen)!

10. bez

bez New Member

Hi Ron,

Saw this on Oh Law today:
    • According to the AILA, the following is predicted by the Visa Office:
      • India EB-2: The best scenario of previous prediction is about 8 months per month, but better scenario is now predicted movement ahead from 4 months to 6 months per month. There is a caveat to this prediction. The volume of EB-3 upgradeing to EB-2 appears to rise, which will affect movement of EB-2 for India beginning from around early mid-2016.
      • EB-3 worldwide: It has been moving very rapidly lately but due to the growing demand, the cut-off date may move slow down from here on.
      • EB-5: Unlikely previous alert, it now states that DOS is scheduling visa appointments persuant to the Continuing Resolution and predicted enactment of Omnibums Appropriation Legislation for 2016.
    I wonder if you have any prediction on EB2/3 for China from AILA?

11. speedracer

speedracer Guru

how would they predict the numbers if the can't even count the numbers they issued last year?

mar212011, DammUSCIS and DonDraper like this.
  12. mar212011

mar212011 Well Regarded Member

It takes months to figure out 8 is more than 6 - so reduced the "prediction"